- Apply online and submit admissions documents.
- Apply now!
- Pay $10 application fee via website
- Immunization records – All GTC students born after 1956 must provide proof of immunization against measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus-diphtheria and Meningococcal Disease (in compliance with Louisiana state law) to complete the admissions process. Students may submit proof of immunization OR sign the online waiver.
- Proof of Selective Service Registration (if applicable) – Proof of registration with the military Selective Service is required for male applicants between the ages of 18 and 25 (in compliance with Louisiana state law) to complete the admissions process.
- If applicable, register now with the selective service.
- If you are exempt from this requirement due to currently serving in the armed services (on active duty), are a veteran of active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces or are a citizen who entered the U.S. after your 26th birthday, please complete the GTC Selective Service Exemption Form.
- High school transcript or equivalency (if applicable)
- Official college transcript (if applicable)
2. Schedule and take a TABE test. (Accuplacer will replace TABE for the Fall’23 semester)
- Students who have a college degree from or have successfully completed a minimum of 12 credit hours (excluding remedial or developmental courses) at a regionally accredited or COE accredited college or university are exempt from taking the TABE test.
- Schedule the TABE test. Once the test is complete, a student may proceed to the next step.
3. New Student Online Orientation:
- Start orientation (Password located on Student Orientation Email)
- Access the Student Orientation PowerPoint. Documents referenced in the Orientation are linked on the "Student Orientation" page. View the page.
4. Register for your classes through your student portal.
If you need assistance with registering for classes, please view our "Registration Information" page.
5. Secure funding for your classes OR set up a payment plan.
- Whether your tuition and fees are being paid out-of-pocket or you have a funding source such as VA, SNAP, WIOA, LRS, etc. that will be covering your costs, please be sure that your funding is secured before classes begin.
- Tuition assistance is available. Schedule an appointment to discuss your options.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.