New! Admissions Intake Sessions
Do you need assistance completing your application or any of the admissions steps below? Schedule an intake session with our Enrollment Manager.
Step 1: Apply online and submit admissions documents.
- Apply Now!
- Pay $15 application fee
- Immunization records – All GTC students born after 1956 must provide proof of immunization against measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus-diphtheria and Meningococcal Disease (in compliance with Louisiana state law) to complete the admissions process. Students may submit proof of immunization OR sign the online waiver.
- Proof of Selective Service Registration (if applicable) – Proof of registration with the military Selective Service is required for male applicants between the ages of 18 and 25 (in compliance with Louisiana state law) to complete the admissions process.
- If applicable, register now with the selective service.
- If you are exempt from this requirement due to currently serving in the armed services (on active duty), are a veteran of active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces, or are a citizen who entered the U.S. after your 26th birthday, please complete the GTC Selective Service Exemption Form.
- Submit High school transcript or equivalency - If you have earned a high school diploma, submit your official high school transcript or copy of your diploma. If you completed an equivalency exam, submit a copy of your equivalency diploma or scores. Some programs at GTC require proof of high school graduation or equivalency for admission to the program.
- Submit Official College Transcript (if applicable) - If you have earned college credit at another college or university, request an official transcript be sent to Goodwill Technical College. Official transcripts are used to transfer in coursework towards graduation requirements and to satisfy course pre-requisites. Though it is not required for full admission to the college, failure to submit transcripts from previous institutions may cause the student to miss an opportunity to receive transfer credit. Unofficial transcripts may be used to determine appropriate course placements.
Step 2: Schedule and take ACCUPLACER (if applicable).
GTC uses the ACCUPLACER to assess readiness for program level courses.
Do I need to take the ACCUPLACER?
- Students who have college credit from an accredited institution are exempt from taking the ACCUPLACER and may proceed to the next step.
- Students who plan to enroll in the Hospitality program are exempt from taking the ACCUPLACER and may proceed to the next step.
- Students who have placement scores from one of the following tests taken within the past three years: ACT, SAT, ASSET, ACCUPLACER and COMPASS™
- Schedule the ACCUPLACER. Once the test is complete, proceed to the next step.
Step 3: NEW 2 Part Student Orientation
- All new GTC students must complete the 2 part Student Orientation. Part 1 is completed online and Part 2 is in-person.
- Access the Student Orientation PowerPoint. Documents referenced in the Orientation are linked on the "Student Orientation" page. View the page.
- Start Orientation (password located on Student Orientation Email)
- Schedule your in-person orientation session (Part 2)
Step 4: Register for classes through your student portal.
If you need assistance with registering for classes, please view our "Registration Information" page.
Step 5: Secure funding for your classes OR set up a payment plan.
- Whether your tuition and fees are being paid out-of-pocket or through a third-party funding source such as VA, SNAP, WIOA, LRS, etc., please be sure that your funding is secured before classes begin.
- Tuition assistance is available! Schedule an appointment to discuss your options.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.