The Student Council is the official body that represents all the students at Goodwill Technical College. All students enrolled at the college are members of the Student Council upon payment of tuition and fees. The membership has the authority to elect officers to represent the student body. The College Counselor oversees the Student Council and is responsible for ensuring timely elections of Student Council Officers. Student Council Officer positions include President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary. All elected Student Council Officers serve in their positions for one year. Meetings of the Student Council are open to all students and students are encouraged to get involved by attending meetings and running for office during elections. The College Counselor serves as an advisor to the Student Council and is responsible for communicating with college administration.
Student Council Purpose
The purpose of the Student Council is to serve as the representative voice of the student body of GTC; to enhance student life by sponsoring approved social, cultural, and educational events/activities on campus; and to promote the quality education offered at GTC.
In doing so, the Student Council will strive to accomplish the following:
- To seek out student input and views on all matters concerning students.
- To be a forum of discussion on student issues and concerns.
- To provide effective leadership for the student body.
- To ensure equal representation for students.
Benefits of Serving on Student Council
- Build relationships - Working closely with other students and college faculty/administration gives you the opportunity to build meaningful friendships and professional relationships.
- Create positive change - Use your voice to propose initiatives, outreach, and other activities that can create positive change within the college.
- Boost your resume - Having student council leadership on your resume can be an advantage because of the leadership and effective teamwork skills gained through serving on the student council.
Eligibility Requirements to become a Student Council Officer
- Minimum 2.5 GPA*
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours
- *New students who have not completed a semester at GTC must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours in lieu of the 2.5 GPA requirement
Eligibility Requirements for elected Student Council Offers
- Elected officers must be enrolled in a minimum of 3 credit hours of student per semester at GTC during their term
- Elected officers must maintain at least a 2.0 GPA during their term
Interested in becoming a Student Council Officer?
For more information contact Shaleska Julian, College Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.