Welcome, from Goodwill Technical College Career Services! The primary goal of Career Services is to assist graduates and those students who demonstrate gainful employment skills in locating employment in the occupational field for which they have been trained. The placement of students graduating, completing or exiting from GTC is handled through the Student Affairs Office in cooperation with the instructional staff. The functions of Career Services are to provide students with employment information, to advise them where jobs are available, to assist with completing job applications, and to provide counseling concerning work conditions, requirements, wages, and opportunities for advancement. The college does not guarantee placement to any student. The Career Specialist and faculty members work constantly and cooperatively with local businesses and industry in order to be aware of current employment needs and opportunities. Employer representatives are invited and always welcome to visit the campus in order to interview students. Students are encouraged to take full advantage of all the resources and services we have to offer. Career Services strives to assist current students and alumni of Goodwill Technical College in their job search. Our goal is to develop relationships with business, industry, and community organizations.
Summary of Services
- Job Placement Assistance- Online job board with current listings, receive job referrals, job searching assistance, and application review
- Click the link below to schedule an appointment with the Career Specialist
- Resume and Cover Letter Review
- Interview Prep
- College Exit Process- Student Exit Interview, College Exit /Job Placement Form, Exit Survey
- Follow- Up Processes- Data Collection, Graduate Follow-up, Non-Complete and Withdrawal Follow-up
- Placement Data Verification - The Council on Occupational Education (COE) mandates that GTC perform routine follow-up on all students. This data is used to indicate the success of the program and the employment success of the student. For this reason, students are asked to inform their instructors and/or the Student Affairs Office of employment obtained during enrollment or following withdrawal from the campus. Periodically, the Student Affairs Office and/or the instructors will attempt to contact those students who have dropped from the campus to determine placement information. Employers of former students who have been employed in a field related to their training are also contacted through a survey questionnaire for the purpose of evaluating occupational programs.
- Contact Us - Our office is located on the 2nd floor in the Administration office. You can contact us (504) 889-5568.
- No content yet
- No content yet
Are you an employer looking for employees? If yes, please complete the Employer Request Form to share available positions with our students.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.