Good Transitions: Aging Out of Foster Care
More than 200 people will age out of foster care this year with nowhere to go or no family to support their transition. Goodwill is here to help by providing independent living skills preparation, in-home support services, and transitional services to youth 14 to 23 years of age who are in foster care or exiting foster care due to an applicable reason. This program is operated in the New Orleans and Houma regions and is funded through Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) and Goodwill. Contact us today if you need assistance.
- Youth and young adults, ages 14-23 who are in foster care or have aged out of foster care
- Must reside in Orleans, Jefferson, Plaquemines, or St. Bernard parish
- Independent living skills training
- Experiential training through field activities
- Case management
- Peer support
- Assistance for those aged 18-23 experiencing a disruption in housing
Goodwill New Orleans Opportunity Center
3400 Tulane Ave. Ste 1000
New Orleans, LA 70119
Goodwill Baton Rouge Opportunity Center
647 Main St.
Baton Rouge, LA 70801
Goodwill Houma Opportunity Center
1750 Martin Luther King Blvd., Ste 108
Houma, LA 70364
Serving Assumption, Lafourche, St. Charles, St. James, St. John, and Terrebonne parishes
We're sorry, no events were found for this calendar.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.